Creative Worship and Prayer Gatherings
the arts express’d Multigenerational Creative Worship and Prayer Gatherings
a) Hearing and Seeing The Frequencies of Heaven
1) Through the frequencies of His voice, the Lord spoke creation into existence (Genesis 1-2, John 1:1-5).
2) Sound and light are frequencies that humans hear and see, however, that frequency spectrum is limited in the natural realm. The power of sound/color/words in the spiritual realm is important to understand in order to change the atmosphere.
3) We need to learn how to hear and see with the eyes and ears of our spirits in order to more fully express His Kingdom come and His will be done (Isaiah 11:2, Revelations 3; 1, 4:5).
b) Spontaneous Expression of the Creative Arts Gifts and Talents
1) God sings over us (Zephaniah 3:17), Jesus sings over us (Hebrews 2:12), and the Holy Spirit sings over us (Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16).
2) The Body of Christ is to position itself (set aside time) for the Lord to sing over His children vocally, instrumentally, and through dance, art, writing and the spoken word.
3) This requires intimate relationship with the Lord and skill on the part of the musician/dancer/artist/writer in order to express it.
4) Spontaneous worship and psalming (prophetic worship) involves becoming a vessel that the Lord can minister through musically and artistically.
2. What It Looks Like
a) Spirit-led Worship (begins with approximately 30 minutes)
1) Scriptural Songs and Declarations of who the Lord says He is.
2) Intimacy with the Lord’s heart is the goal: drawing near to Him so He will draw near to us, enabling His Body to “hear and see” what the Father is doing and speaking in Heaven, activating and empowering Christ in us as vessels He can manifest through on Earth as it is in Heaven.
b) Scripture and Prayer begin to come forth from the Body, interwoven and progressing with more worship and new songs as the Spirit leads in cooperate participation of His purposes.
1) Participants are encouraged to respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit in any of the various ways He leads: a) Share Scripture, b) Pray, c) Prophesy, d) Share/Release a New Song, e) Share visions, what the Lord is speaking to your spirit, creative works such as art, poetry, prayer strategies, strategies from Heaven to manifest on Earth through faith and action, etc., f) Meditate on Scripture, g) Give Testimony c) As the Holy Spirit leads the Lord will speak into the various issues/mountains on the earth He desires to move through His people. These issues may include but are not limited to any of the following:
- Invisible Children (Matthew 5)
- Poor and Needy
- Children in Slavery
- Orphans in the Street
- Sex Trade
- Aids and Plagues
- War-Affected Children
- Religious Persecution
- Those in Authority and Leadership
- The Church
- The Unsaved
- This Generation Reaping a Culture of Love, Life, Family and Purity by Speaking the Words of Scripture Individuals/Community/Region/State/Nation(s)
- The Heart, Will, Mind, Power & Supply of our Lord in Heaven Manifested on Earth in Media, Government, Education, Economy, Creative Arts, Religion and Family
d) Scripture, prayer, visions, art, new songs (from our team as well as sung from individuals in the Body), creative strategies for bringing His Kingdom come into whatever area people are called to come forth as the Spirit leads. The Arts Express’d Creative Worship and Prayer Gatherings are multi-generational and the Lord uses the children and youth in these areas as well (Psalm 8:2).
3) What To Bring
a) Everyone should bring a Bible, notebook, and pen/pencil.
b) Artists should bring the tools of their medium: sketchbook/pencils/tortillans or paints/brushes/easel,
etc. (We will provide sketchbooks and colored pencils for younger children.)
c) Dancers bring/wear clothing and shoes comfortable to dance in/scarves or however led.
d) Musicians can bring acoustic instruments (we will not be plugging in any amplified equipment –
acoustic instruments are to stir new songs to be released by individuals called to that ministry. We will also have instruments available for the children to use if the Spirit leads).
e) Vocalists be available to receive new songs.
f) Business men/women, teachers, poets, etc. come prepared to receive and write down creative strategies.
4) Length: these Gatherings can go on as long as people are willing to press in to being in the presence of
the Lord, but generally we go for approximately 2 hours since they are intended to be multigenerational.
the arts express’d Gatherings Scriptural Foundations
1. The Lord’s Prayer & Praying the Bible
a) Matthew 6:9-13,“In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed by Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
b) Hebrews 4:12,“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
c) Isaiah 55:11,“So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
2. 24/7 Tabernacle of David & Intimacy
a) Acts 15:16-17,“After this I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David which has fallen down. I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up, so that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, says the Lord who does all these things.”
b) Mark 11:17,“Then He taught, saying to them, ‘Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer?’” (See also Isaiah 56:7 and Matthew 21:13)
c) Matthew 16:19,“And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
d) Revelation 3:8,“I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can shut.”
3. Unity & the Power of Agreement
a) 2 Chronicles 5:13-14, “The trumpeters and singers performed together in unison to praise and give thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals, and other instruments, they raised their voices and praised the Lord wit these words: ‘He is so good! His faithful love endures forever!’ At that moment a cloud filled the Temple of the Lord. The priests could not continue their work because the glorious presence of the Lord filled the Temple of God.”
b) John 17:21-26,“That they all may be one, as You Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”
c) Matthew 18:19-20,“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
4. Holy Spirit Led
a) Romans 8:14,“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”
b) Isaiah 11:2,“The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.”
c) I Corinthians 12:7-11:“word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, discerning of spirits, tongues, interpretation of tongues.”
5. Advocate for the things on the Lord’s heart as revealed in His Word and by His Spirit – This Generation
a) A Culture of the Love of Christ: Luke 10:27-28,“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
b) A Culture of the Life of Christ: John 10:10b,“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
c) A Culture of the Family of God: Malachi 4:6,“And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”
d) A Culture of Purity: 1 Timothy 4:12,“Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
About the arts express’d and Jaran Family Ministries
Kevan and Tammy Sorenson have been involved with music and worship ministry for the past 28 years, and children’s/family ministry since 1994.
Their biological children, Jaran (age 19), Jessa (age 16), and Jadan (age 16) have been active in the family music and children’s ministries for the past ten years.
Jaran is a drummer, guitarist, songwriter, and works with recording and production; A.A.S. degree in Audio Production from Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie, MN.
Jadan is an acoustic, electric and bass guitarist, songwriter and artist.
Jessa sings, dances, and plays keyboard.
The family adopted three children (siblings) from Guatemala in November of 2002. Jenna (age 16), Jocilyn (age 14), and Josiah (age 11) are an integral part of the five-fold family ministry (prayer, evangelism, art and ministry), as well as assisting with functional details.
Tammy’s Biography: B.S. Vocal Music/B.A. Piano Performance, Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN; M.A. Music Education, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN; Doctorate of Practical Theology in Biblical Studies, Masters Graduate School of Divinity, Evansville, IN.; Elementary Music instructor 10 years; private music studio instructor 20+ years; licensed and ordained teacher and preacher; children’s ministry 14+ years; home educator/music instruction of their six children; singer, songwriter, psalmist, pianist, and curriculum writer.
Kevan’s Biography: B.A. Music Performance/B.S. Finance, Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN; 25+ years in banking; licensed teacher and preacher; family and children’s ministry 14+ years; keyboardist, guitarist, bass guitarist, sound specialist, arranger, recording and production for the family ministry.